In this special first year anniversary episode, we review all our research, previous podcasts and conversations in the past and share how to create healthy food products and why the pursuit of ketosis is counterproductive to fat loss.
Fahad Ahmad is the founder of Ketogeek and hosts the Ketogeek Podcast, a world class health show about food, nutrition and health. He is into resistance training, Ashtanga yoga, calisthenics and various forms of training styles. Armed with a idealistic goals distilled in a world of realism, his goal is to help the world make a better place. He leads a life of extreme generalism or as he describes it, 'The Renaissance Lifestyle'.
Corey Behn is the Production Chief at Ketogeek and handles all the backbone of Ketogeek product manufacturing. He has a strong background in the athletic world all the way from rock climbing to various forms of yoga such as Ashtanga Yoga.
4:30 – Yoga and Keto
7:09 – Chasing paradoxes and the carnivore diet
10:40 – Making Ghee for Ketogeek, brown butter & problems with nutrition science pertaining to various foods
16:54 – Most vanilla is just fillers
17:44 – Problems with lowering calories in food and low carb, high filler foods
19:35 – How has our journey changed after a year learning from educators at Ketogeek
23:45 – Updates to the podcast
28:09 – How we created our Keto friendly product
28:37 – What are “silvopastures”?
35:28 – The recurring themes observed in successful diets
38:49 – What is the “Twinkie Effect” and “Sensory Specific Satiety”
40:36 – Looking at satiety in terms of nutrients
44:22 – Novelty seeking human behavior and rise of social chronic conditions
48:16 – Why we’ve decided to move away from Keto?
- Shop Energy Pods Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ketogeek-Chocolate-Energy-Organic-Vanilla/dp/B07B88S36J
- Ketogeek Ghee on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B29HM3D
- Ketogeek Merchandise, Ghee & Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections
- Ketogeek Newsletter: https://ketogeek.com/pages/sign-up
- Shop Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections/energy-pods
- The Ketogenic Bible Book by Ryan Lowery & Jacob Wilson: http://ow.ly/4TdV30k90t0
- Keto Made Easy Book By KetoConnect: http://ow.ly/YLgc30k90B7
- Eat Rich, Live Long by Ivor Cummins & Dr. Gerber: http://ow.ly/pVwI30k90Is
- Your Brain On Porn by Gary Wilson: http://ow.ly/Q5AO30k90Md
Dive Deeper with KG Food Company: Elevate your journey to better health with our Energy Pods or CocoZen, the world’s best almond chocolate spread, meticulously crafted for taste and wellness while building our food model and framework. Plus, join us on our acclaimed 'Energize, Explore, Enjoy Podcast,' where we delve deep into experiences through a scientific lens. Your support propels our vision forward – creating an in-house lab dedicated to pioneering nourishing foods for the future. With every purchase, you relish quality and we give back to our global community. Stay in touch with us by subscribing to our E3 digest & newsletter.