This is a simple recipe that you can create easily yourself or can be ordered to go at local delis. This can be made a staple in any diet. This can be combined with something bread-like as well.
- 4-5 oz. can of tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on top of lettuce
Smaller tuna is better when it comes to mercury content. Canned light is 0.12 ppm and Albacore is 0.32 ppm
You can replace tuna with salmon
Keeping canned fish at home is a good idea as it has a long shelf life
Pre-made tuna salad can be found at local delis and restaurants