This modified casserole contains some slow-digesting carbs in it which makes it highly filling. This is great for breakfasts or brunches.
Protein, Carb & Fat
- 1 tsp cooking oil, ghee or olive oil
- 2 cups white beans, mashed
- 8-10 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper; sliced
- 5 portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 lb sausage and/or salami
- Spice mix of sage, thyme, garlic salt, pepper, oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook in beans, spices and salt. Mash.
- Spread beans in a baking pan and leave in oven for 5-6 minutes
- Meanwhile, saute onion, pepper, spinach and mushroom until hot
- Whisk eggs, add coconut milk, herbs and spices
- In the baking pan with beans, add on top meat and veggies, then followed by whisked eggs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes and serve.
You can replace beans with other carbs(eg. potatoes, yams, pease)
Use your favorite mushroom in the recipe
Add tomatoes or veggies to your taste
Buy pre-cooked salami, sausage & beans