Nothing better than a slow-cooked meatball stew recipe that gives you quality fat and protein while taking little prep-work. The recipe is very flexible as you can add different types of additional vegetables or nuts to modify the texture and mouthfeel of the recipe.
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs(high carb) or almond flour/pork rinds(keto/low carb)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 up marinara sauce (low/no sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 10 oz. mixed vegetable blend (broccoli,cauliflower, zucchini, carrots - optional)
- Put carrots at bottom of slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine meatball ingredients and create 1 inch balls
- Place meatballs on top of carrots
- In a bowl, combine tomato paste, broth, marinara, salt, oregano and basil. Pour on top of the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Add broth to dilute as needed.
- Steam vegetables and and stir in the stew. Garnish with parsley.
Pre-formed or even pre-cooked meatballs from your grocery store will save you time