Lentil omelette is a great way to start your day for a very filling meal with lots of nutrients. The recipe is simple and you can make this a regular in your eating habits.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cooking oil, olive or ghee
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup asparagus, sliced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup lentils, drained
- 4 tsp parmesan, grated
- Whisk eggs and season with pepper
- Heat a pan medium-high with oil. Add onion, peppers and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes and then add spinach and lentils. Cook until spinach wilts, about a minute. Pour into a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Add half the eggs in portions to create a uniform layer across the pan. cook until bottom is golden brown, 4-6 minutes. Add half the vegetables. Cook until lightly golden.
Frozen vegetables can be found at grocery stores that can be microwaved and steamed. This will save time.
You can vary the vegetables as needed, such as adding mushrooms and peas
You can also grill the vegetables if the meal all ready has the grill fired up.