Tasty, simple and delicious, this recipe contains healthy fats and proteins for a great dinner or lunch.
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovies, rinsed
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, ghee or olive oil
- 5-6 oz. halibut
- 1 lb baby potatoes, sliced
- 3/4 lbs asparagus
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 tbps basil, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crush and pound garlic, almonds and anchovies into a paste with salt.
- In a heavy skillet, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper. Sear fish for 1 minute each side. Remove and add to a plate
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic paste. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute and stir in 3 cups of water to deglaze bottom of pan. Add potatoes. Boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add seared halibut fillets and asparagus to pan. Add in liquid from plate and bring to simmer for 5 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Carefully remove fish to serving bowls or plates. Add the potatoes and asparagus to serving bowls or plates.
- Turn up heat and reduce the liquid in pan by half, adjust seasoning as needed and stir in parsley and basil. Simmer for 30 seconds and spoon this broth over fish, asparagus and potatoes.
You can replace halibut with fluke, cod, flounder, turbot or bass
You can use mushrooms instead of or along with asparagus if you want
Using a nonstick pan will make the searing easy. You can also bake the fish as well.