Everyone loves stir fry and it is one of the most versatile and simple recipes you can use. Very simple and easy to make as well. Feel free to add ingredients here and there to combine foods that you enjoy! We like to add peanuts to ours.
- 1 lb chicken tights, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- 8 oz. mushrooms, cubed
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 onion, medium, cubed
- 1/2 cup cashews/peanuts
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey (high carb) or sugar-free maple syrup(low carb/keto)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch(high carb) or Xanthan gum(low carb/keto)
- Sesame seeds
- Cut vegetables into small sizes along with chicken
- Combine stir fry sauce ingredients in a bowl
- In a large skillet or wok, on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook until browned. Set aside
- Add remaining oil and ghee/butter to skillet with broccoli, zucchini, red peppers, onions, carrots and mushrooms. Cook and mix until crisp.
- Add chicken to the skillet along with garlic and ginger. Cooke 1 minute while stirring.
- Add cashews/peanuts and pour sauce onto the skillet. Bring to boil, let simmer and let sauce thicken. Garnish with onion and sesame seeds.
Many oriental restaurants or take out places will have stir fry loaded with sguars or ultra-refined carbs. That will not be low carb.
Buy stir fry vegetable blend from your grocery store
Buy stir-fry sauce(low sugar) from grocery store
Buying chopped greens
Buy beaten eggs in a carton
Do you have more tips? Post in the comment below.
- You can get stir fry sauce from your local grocery store(low sugar) to add to your recipe instead of the one used here. This will save you time.
- Many oriental restaurants will have stir fry as take out but many may contain lots of added sugar or breaded chicken which will make it not keto or low carb.